Terms and Conditions
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE AND ANY PURCHASE YOU MAKE SO PLEASE TAKE TIME TO READ THEM. THEY DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
We are Stiled Holdings Ltd T/A Tile Giant, a company registered in England (Company number 14554067) which specialises in the sale and distribution of tiles, hard floor coverings and associated products. Our business address is Tile Giant, Lumina, Park Approach, Thorpe Park, Leeds, LS15 8GB and our VAT registration number is GB 432253623. Telephone number: 0330 053 3362. Email: [email protected]
This site has been produced for our United Kingdom customers and we do not sell to customer located overseas via this website. If you are located overseas and wish to place an order please contact us for further information.
The contents of this site including product prices delivery charges and product details are subject to change at any time without notice. We may also revise or update these terms and conditions at any time without notice. Use of this site and purchases of products offered for sale on this site are subject to the terms and conditions posted on the site at the time of your visit.
Tile Giant Official Social Media Competition / Giveaway
To be in with the chance of winning a festive hamper courtesy of Tile Giant, simply follow the instructions stated in the original Tile Giant Instagram post.
PRIZE: ONE winner will be selected to receive the prize. The winner will receive a festive hamper sent to their chosen address in January 2023. This prize is not transferable to another person. Applies to mainland UK addresses only. (EXCLUDES all islands, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and some Scottish Postcodes). The prize is non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative.
HOW TO ENTER: Entrants must follow instructions on the original Tile Giant Official Instagram post listed on the official Tile Giant Official social media channels. Entries made after the posted closing date will not be valid. There are no restrictions on how many times you can enter. The competition starts on Thursday 1st December, 2022, and ends on Friday 30th December 2022.
One winner will be chosen from all valid entries on the Tile Giant Official Instagram abiding by the competition terms of entry. The winner must reside in mainland UK. (EXCLUDES all islands, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands and some Scottish Postcodes). Tile Giant holds the right to withdraw this competition and prize at any time without notice. No cash alternative will be offered. Subject to availability. Contents of the hamper may vary. Prize must not be exchanged or sold. No purchase necessary. Tile Giant has the final say on all decisions regarding this competition. Tile Giant may alter these terms at any time without notice. Tile Giant cannot be held responsible for being unable to contact the winners due to social media platform restrictions or other unforeseen circumstances.
If Tile Giant do not receive a response from the winners within 7 days of the initial communication, alternative winners will be chosen, and the first winner will forfeit the prize. The winners should receive their prize within a month of being contacted.
This competition and prize is not endorsed, sponsored or administered by Facebook or Instagram, nor is Facebook/Instagram associated with this contest in any way. Information you provide will be used for this competition only.
After selecting your products from the range available, you will proceed to the checkout area. You will be passed to a secure online payment authorisation service that will process your card details and obtain payment from your card provider.
We will send you written confirmation of your order by Email but this email will not constitute acceptance of your order we accept your order at the time we dispatch the ordered products to you and it is at that moment that a contract for sale is made between you and us. All our contracts are concluded in English although contracts for sale will neither be filed by us nor accessible to you.
Your order will be based upon our product prices and delivery charges in force at the time you submit your order. If the prices or charges are different from those published this will be brought to your attention before we accept your order and will give you the option to cancel your order before we accept it.
Please note acceptance of any order is at our discretion.
You can purchase most of our tiles in quantities of 1 online as a sample to give you an opportunity to see the tile before you buy. We also offer the ability to order up to 3 free cut samples from a selected range of tiles. Any duplicated sample orders believed to be for the same person/address will not be despatched and will be automatically refunded.
We accept the following cards on our website:
Visa Credit and Debit
We will take payment from your card at the time you submit your order.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay Later in 3
- Pay Later
Further information and Klarna's user terms can be found here. General information on Klarna is available here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
The prices payable for the items we offer for sale are clearly displayed on this site in pounds sterling and are inclusive of any excise duties and VAT payable unless otherwise stated. Prices do not include the costs of delivery details of which are set out below.
Trade Rewards Scheme
As part of Tile Giants continued commitment to low prices, great service and excellent availability we continually review our pricing and trade schemes.
Effective from 20/09/2019 we will be making a number of changes to our prices on trade favourites and our trade scheme.
Inine with section 8.2 of our trade rewards scheme Terms & Conditions we are removing the trade discount on a number of lines, including but not limited to tools, trims, ply alternatives, underfloor heating and anti-fracture matting.
Trade customers will continue to enjoy other benefits of the trade rewards scheme.
Please ask a colleague if you have any questions.
Tile and flooring deliveries will normally arrive on a pallet. Please be aware that this pallet is not returnable.
You must make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of products when we deliver them in accordance with the stated delivery times for the delivery charge you have paid. If you do not accept delivery of the products or we are unable to deliver or are delayed in delivering products because of your actions or omissions then we may charge you and you will be liable to pay us for all costs we incur. Once our transport company has collected your goods from our warehouse if you wish to cancel your order, you would be liable for transportation return charges.
Costs & Timings
- Delivery is charged from £18 for standard orders, although is free for orders over £250 to most areas of mainland England and Wales.
- Full details of delivery charges and timings can be found at Tile Giant Delivery
- Some of our products are ordered specially for you so these items take longer - the timings depend on the supplier.
Please note delivery to postcodes starting BT, DUBLIN, GY, HS, IM, IV41, IV42, IV43, IV44, IV45, IV46, IV47, IV48, IV49, IV55, IV56, JE, KW, PA, PH9, PH15, PH16, PH17, PH18, PH19, PH20, PH32, PH33, PH34, PH35, PH36, PH37, PH38, PH39, PH40, PH41, PH42, PH43, PH44, PH49, PH50, TR21, TR25, ZE, KA27 will incur a higher delivery cost which is based on your exact location and the goods you are ordering. Please call Online Support on 0330 053 3362.
- Once the payment card has been security checked, the order will be forwarded to the relevant delivery company. The delivery company will telephone the customer to arrange a convenient time for delivery for a Standard 5-7 Day Delivery.
Next Working Day - Next Working Day Delivery is now available on a large number of our products. The cut off for Next Working Day Delivery is 12pm Monday - Thursday. Orders placed after 12pm will be delivered on the subsequent working day.
For example, an order placed at 11am on Monday will be delivered on Tuesday. An order placed at 12:30pm on Monday will be delivered on Wednesday. Orders placed after 12pm on a Thursday will be delivered on the following Monday. Orders placed between 12pm Friday and 12pm Monday will be delivered on Tuesday.
- Tile Giant will not under any circumstances entertain any financial demands from the customer for late or incorrect delivery. We always recommend that you never book a tiler or other workman until the goods have been delivered and inspected.
Returns and refunds (In Store Purchases)
If you wish to return any goods, we will offer you an exchange where possible or provide you with a full refund. Simply return the items within 28 days of collection from the store in their original condition together with a receipt as proof of purchase. Please note that this gesture of goodwill does not apply to specially ordered items. Special order items are adhesives and grouts, supplier direct lines i.e., product lines that we don’t stock instores ...E.g., Showroom ranges, Waxman, Tileasy, Prismatics stand, Magna XXL tiles, items that are non-refundable will be detailed on your receipt. Refunds are only offered on unopened full boxes of tiles and flooring in a resalable condition. Single tiles or planks are not refundable unless sold as samples. Proof of purchase is required when the refund is requested.
Cancellations (Online orders)
You Have Fourteen Calendar Days After Receiving Your Goods to Cancel Your Order Under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 ("CCR"). Sales made prior to 13/03/14 are covered by the Distance Selling Regulations 2000.
You can cancel any on-line or telephone order (excluding custom made or bespoke goods) and receive a refund (including standard delivery charges) by simply letting us know by email ([email protected]) or by phone (0330 053 3362) within fourteen days of receiving your goods. You do not have to give a reason for your cancellation but a brief explanation will help us to improve the service we offer to customers in the future. Please note if you do cancel your order you must return the goods to us at your own expense.
- If you cancel an order you are responsible for returning the goods to us at your cost, we will not refund these charges. Standard delivery charges (The cheapest method of delivery available for selection by the customer) will be refunded. Any surcharges for express or upgraded delivery options selected by the customer will not be refunded.
- Any refund will be made to the payment method originally used to make the purchase as soon as possible and not later than 30 days after:
- the day we receive the returned goods; or
- if sooner, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have returned the goods
- Goods must be returned to us within 28 days of the date we receive notice of your intent to cancel.
- If you cancel your order you can return the goods to your local Tile Giant Store for a full refund including standard delivery charges. Simply let us know of your intention to cancel using one of the methods above in order for us to make the appropriate arrangements. Once the tiles are taken to a store, a member of store team will call us to confirm the goods have been brought back so we can process the refund back to your card. Alternatively, you can return the goods to our central warehouse. Details of our address can be found on your invoice. You will not however be reimbursed for the cost of returning the goods.
- If you cannot or will not return the cancelled goods, we can arrange for the collection of the goods on your behalf. You will then receive a full refund excluding the collection charge. Collection charges are approximately £48.00 per pallet.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (e.g. 3 for 2) must also be returned
- After 14 Calendar days what you may view as a cancellation becomes a ’Return’, please refer to the returns section below.
- Once our transport company has collected your goods from our warehouse if you wish to cancel your order, you would be liable for transportation return charges.
- We may make a deduction from any refund on account of any loss in value of the goods due to any damage to the goods or packaging resulting from unnecessary handling.
- This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights.
Resaleable Goods Refunds & Returns (Online orders)
The below applies to goods outside of the fourteen working day cancellation policy outlined above.
- If you have completed your tiling or flooring job and wish to return any re-saleable goods, we will provide you with a refund. Please note that only full boxes of tiles will be refunded. Simply return the items within 28 days of receipt of goods in their original condition. Adhesive & grout and tools are non-refundable. Tile Giant reserve the right not to refund if the goods are deemed as not being in a re-saleable condition. Any delivery charge will not be refunded.
- Please note that some of our products are classed as ’special order’, this means the products are custom made or specifically ordered for individual customers, as such any return of these items will incur a restocking charge of 20% of the price paid for the goods if returned within 28 days.
- Refunds will only be processed once the goods have arrived with us and we have inspected their condition and deemed them to be in suitable condition for resale. Any delivery charge from the original order will not be refunded.
- Please note once a refund is processed it may take up to 14 days for the funds to appear back on your card, this is dependent on the card provider and is not under the influence of Tile Giant. Acceptance of these terms and conditions at the point of purchase represents acceptance of the refund period of up to 28 days.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (e.g. 3 for 2) must also be returned.
Damaged/Incorrect Goods Refunds & Returns (Online orders)
All goods must be checked by the customer on receipt of goods - this is imperative. No responsibility for damaged product, shortages or incorrect products can be accepted after 48 hours / two working days (Mon - Fri) of receipt of goods.
- Where you purchase goods from us that are defective we shall (at our option) repair or replace such goods or refund the price of such goods provided that (a) you give us notice within 48 hours of the date of your acceptance of the goods and (b) provided that damage to the goods has not been caused by you. Our entire liability to you shall be limited to the price you paid for the goods and we shall not be responsible for any consequential or other financial loss that you may seek to claim for regarding the tiling or flooring job you are carrying out. All damaged goods will be replaced on standard delivery at our cost.
- Any free gifts or products comprising of an offer (eg 3 for 2) must also be returned.
- Tile Giant products are guaranteed for 12 months from point of purchase (excluding individual supplier guarantees, details of which would have arrived with your product). Compensation, refunds or returns will not be considered after this period.
- If you find any damages on receipt of goods, you must forward a clear photo of the damages to [email protected] before we send out replacements.
Checks Prior To Fitting
We advise you to buy tiles, borders and decors from the same range as the tiles may be sourced from different suppliers which may result in a slight variation in size/colour.
Please check your tiles carefully before fixing. Shade variation is a design feature of most of our tiles. If for any reason you are not happy with the shade of your tiles, we cannot accept the responsibility after the tiles have been fixed. Fixing the tiles to a substrate means that you have accepted the tiles in their present state so no refunds or replacements will be offered. Please ensure you are happy with the shade of your tiles before you start any project.
Description of Goods
All images, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving an approximate description of the goods. All specifications given to the customer are approximate and intended as a guide only. We always endeavour to ensure all product descriptions are correct, but advise customers to seek technical advice from qualified sources prior to ordering products and any work to be carried out.
Ownership of Rights
All rights, including copyright, in this website are owned by or licensed to us. Any use of this website or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our permission. You may not modify, distribute or re-post something on this website for any purpose.
If you need further assistance with any of our products, please view our Contact Us page.
Tile Giant is committed to protecting your privacy and fulfilling its obligations under UK Data Protection Laws.
Tile Giant will use your personal information in order to inform you of its offers, news and new catalogues and for profiling your purchasing preferences and other marketing purposes. We may disclose your information to our service providers and agents for these purposes. We may keep your information for a reasonable period to contact you about our services in the future.
Tile Giant may share your information with other Companies and organisations who are our business partners. We or they may contact you by mail, telephone, SMS fax or email to let you know about any goods, services or promotions which may be of interest to you.
The Data Protection Act puts obligations on users of personal information and details principles for its use. There are eight principles in the Act that Tile Giant is obliged to conform to. The Act requires Companies which process data to notify the Information Commissioner describing the purposes for which they process personal information. The details are publicly available from the Commissioner’s office at:
Tel: +44 (0)1625 545745
These principles for Data Processing are:
- Personal data must be processed fairly and lawfully.
- Personal data must be obtained only for specified and lawful purposes.
- Personal data must be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Personal data must be accurate and kept up to date.
- Personal data must not be kept for longer than necessary.
- Personal data must be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects.
- Measures against unauthorised or unlawfully processing of personal data.
- Personal data must not be transferred to a Country or territory outside the EEA without adequate protection or explicit consent.